If there’s one thing certain about life – it’s the uncertainty that living it brings. Part of our planning process incorporates insurance planning. And in the context of financial planning, life insurance is likely the first type of insurance that comes to mind. But insurance planning is more than that. Life insurance, long term care insurance, disability insurance, and retirement income through annuities are just a few components of a well-rounded insurance plan.
Good planning helps you identify and plan for all the risks involved in every aspect of your financial life. Thoughtful Insurance Planning helps mitigate the risks you can’t foresee or those that you are unable to plan around!
What We Can Do For You
They say that some things are better to have BEFORE the need is felt – even if they are NEVER ever used. Insurance is one of those things. Rather than seeing insurance as an “expense”, most people experience it as peace of mind. That’s the essence of our Insurance Planning service.
Our Insurance Planning service covers:
- Comprehensive Review: We’ll review existing plans, if you have them, to ensure they continue to fit your needs. But if you don’t have an insurance plan, we’re here to advise and guide you on which plans make best sense for you and your family.
- Life Insurance: If you have people that depend upon you being around for many years to come, like your spouse/partner, minor children, aged parents, we’ll advise on what life insurance policies best meet your needs.
- Retirement income through annuities: Sometimes, the best way to guarantee retirement income is the simplest – Annuities. Of course, these products vary in terms and pay-out options and conditions. Annuity recommendations are not a one size fits all approach and may not be recommended. Being independent allows us to analyze dozens of policies to find one that fits your unique needs.
- Long Term Care Insurance: You may be in the best of health now, but illness has a way of sneaking up on the fittest amongst us. The cost of health care and long term care are the biggest expenses that a retiree will face. By planning ahead, the cost of long term care doesn’t have to be a burden.
- Disability Insurance: Accidents, at home, at work, during your commute, can leave you severely disabled and financially stressed. If you do not have disability insurance through a group employer plan, we can help you find a policy that fits your needs and budget.
- Insuring estate and succession plans: When structured correctly, insurance can be a great estate planning tool as well, especially when it comes to shielding your beneficiaries from paying taxes or fees on their inheritance. Partners in business may also use insurance policies as a great financial tool to aid in succession planning. We’ll help you structure an insurance plan that makes sense for your needs.
*The cost and availability of life insurance depend on factors such as age, health, and the type and amount of insurance purchased. Before implementing a strategy involving life insurance, it would be prudent to make sure that you are insurable by having the policy approved. As with most financial decisions, there are expenses associated with the purchase of life insurance. Policies commonly have mortality and expense charges. In addition, if a policy is surrendered prematurely, there may be surrender charges and income tax implications.